Thursday, February 12, 2009

Universal remotes anyone???

Recently Wired News updated their Gadget Reviews section with a review of their fave Universal Remote. See it here http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/universal_R50.






I'm going to follow their lead and review MY fave - the Logitech Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for the XBOX 360 (my video game platform of choice).



The good: Better shape than previous Harmony remotes; strong backlight; choice between device or activity usage; intuitive, Web-based programming.

Setting up this is shockingly easy, if you're comfortable with your computer and a USB cable. You can personalize the screens, rearrange orders of items, and set up as many 'activities' as any one could possibly need. It easily recognized all of my components and was ready to go in about twenty minutes.


The bad: No rechargeable battery option; numeric keypad buttons are too small for people with bigger hands than I, which is most of the population; Web interface might intimidate nontechie users.

I can't say many negative comments. I *heart* this remote. I've had it for 3 years, and just purchased a replacement for the last one. 3 years for $99 - can't beat it!


The bottom line: A sleek design, an impressive feature set, and a manageable price point (~$99) make this an excellent (and long lasting!) choice for Xbox 360 owners who don't like to have 16 remotes to turn on / off recievers, TV's XBOX's, CD changers, etc etc etc

0 comments:

Good Girls Don't, I Do © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!